This department manages and monitors all laboratory activities and assuring they meet with the setup regulations and operate within framework of national and international standards.
THE FUNCTIONS OF QUALITY CONTROL DEPARTMENT
- Ensure implementation of Quality Management System and Laboratory. Accreditation Requirements by all departments of the Agency.
- Advise Chief Government Chemist on all matters related to Quality Assurance and management of risks and its internal controls
- Assess the departments risk analysis and implement mitigation measures accordingly.
- Validate and review analytical methods and SOPs for analysis of chemical, chemical products, cosmetics, food, food products, pharmaceuticals, DNA samples, forensic samples, environmental samples and occupational health.
- Facilitate and monitor Proficiency Testing (PT) program on matters relating to functions of the Agency.
- Oversee preparation of technical specifications for purchase of equipment, glassware, reference standards, culture media, chemicals, reagents, and consumables.
- Coordinate and conduct internal and external quality audits.
- Coordinate periodic quality management reviews.
- Manage quality management system documentation.
- Monitor and review compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Support development, implementation, approval and keep in custody the CGCLA standard Operating Procedures.
- To Design and implement an overall risk management process with risk audit Standard Operating Procedures for the Agency.
- Establish, maintain and update risk register; and
- Coordinate incorporation of Risk Management activities into other operational processes including Strategic planning, annual planning and budgeting.